Eclipse People Counter
Overhead People Counting Sensor
If you’re searching for an accurate video-based people counting solution that can perform under a broad set of environmental conditions, such as high traffic, dynamic lighting and wide entrances, then the Eclipse People Counter is for you.
This video people counter can be utilized with our VisiCount software on your network to monitor your pedestrian traffic and create reports. Easily manage multiple entrances, facilities, and thousands of monitoring points on the system.
The Eclipse supports PoE (Power over Ethernet) power options, as well as a built in Ethernet connection for configuration and data access.
The Advantages of Overhead Video People Counting
Video counting sensors offer some distinct advantages over other forms of traffic counting. Today’s retailers know the value of keeping an eye on their foot traffic totals, and this technology delivers accurate results that lead to better business and staffing decisions.
Video-based systems are the preferred choice of many retailers for the following reasons:
- Extended coverage: Video-based systems offer coverage that can handle larger entryways based on the different lenses used in the sensor. These areas could include double-wide entry points and/or open shopping mall spaces.
- Responsiveness to environmental changes: Whether it’s sudden temperature changes that would confuse thermal units or certain lighting changes, video people counters have sensors that adjust automatically to changing environmental conditions.
- Remote capabilities: Supported by IoT, video-based systems can be accessed remotely by the internet-connected device of your choice.
- Emergency backup storage: Power outages often result in numerous problems for retailers to contend with at once. Fortunately, with a video people counter, your data is automatically backed up via the unit’s flash memory that has the ability to store more than a week worth of data.
- Filter options: A key reason that retailers who want to know their demographic well opt for video-based units is their ability to filter out children, baby strollers and carts. This function produces more reliable results that are focused on actual customers.
- Easy upgrades: With quick software upgrades, these units are easy to maintain and keep up-to-date.
Contact us to get a free quote on our products today!
Want to checkout out our other products? Explore our selection!
Get a Free Quote
Find out how a people counting system from Traf-Sys can help your business today!
Curved, aesthetically attractive design
Easy installation and setup
Counts directionally (IN vs. OUT counts)
Customizable count zones adapt virtually to any entrance
Data is stored during a power loss
Handles high volume traffic
What is required
Network Connection VisiCount Software
Size: 7.5” x 3.35” x 1.25”
Casing: ABS Plastic
Optimum Mounting Height: 7.5 to 13.75 feet
Power: Power-Over-Ethernet (POE) Connection
Interfaces: Built-in Ethernet connection for configuration and data access
Environment: Indoor environments